Kevin O’Connell, CPA, JD
ProfileBefore joining Somerset CPAs as a principal in our Tax Team, Kevin was a partner in the tax practice of a Big Four firm where he specialized in providing international tax services for a variety of industries including public utilities and multi-national manufacturers. He has significant experience in consulting on U.S. and state tax issues for service organizations engaged in finance, law, and health care. He oversees Somerset's international inbound (Japan, United Kingdom) and outbound (Mexico, Canada, Southeast Asia, China) tax practice including international assignment services. He serves as the firm's liaison with the international network of BDO Seidman, the fifth largest accounting firm in the world, and its Alliance firms. He supervises the firm's FAS 109 computations and assists its industry group specialists in obtaining private letter rulings and representation before the U.S. Tax Court and other tax authorities. Kevin is a frequent guest lecturer for various educational institutions and business organizations on tax legislation and planning. His articles have been featured in the Indianapolis Business Journal on numerous occasions as well as the Tax Adviser Magazine.
Kevin graduated from the University of Cincinnati in 1978 and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Dayton in 1983.
- Member of the Indiana CPA Society
- Member of the Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of theJapan America Society of Indiana
- Member of the American Institute of CPAs.
- Volunteered on the Development Board for the Heartland Film Festival in Indianapolis
- Past treasurer for the International Visitors Council
- Past treasurer for the Japan America Society in Columbus, Ohio.