A/E TeamThe foundation of our A/E Team is our strong expertise and experience in the architecture and engineering industries.
Our extensive knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience directly in these industries, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses.
We have a solid commitment to the architectural and engineering industries. It’s about substantially more than just the debits and credits. Through our team members’ active involvement in industry organizations--ACEC, AIA and others--we have a real understanding of the key issues that affect your business.
In addition to traditional accounting services, we focus on providing value-added services to improve systems and controls, identify key performance indicators, set benchmarks and develop performance-based compensation plans and business succession plans. In addition, we regularly provide educational opportunities through seminars, newsletters and surveys on industry-related topics.
Somerset's A/E Team provides comprehensive financial solutions and utilizes our industry expertise to bring unique strategies and solutions to you. We are passionate about helping you succeed.
- Audit, review and compiled financial statements
- Overhead rate audits
- Pre-award survey audits
- Performance of agreed-upon audit procedures
- Forensic accounting
- Corporate tax returns
- Shareholder tax returns
- Individual and corporate tax planning
- Proactive, creative tax strategies
- Multi-state tax planning and strategy development
- Sales, use, property and excise tax analysis
- R & D tax credits
- Energy tax deductions and credits
- Business transition and succession planning
- Estate planning
- Strategic planning
A/E Industry Consulting
- Government contracting services
- Cost and price analysis in government contracts
- Business systems and internal controls
- Cost accounting standards and disclosures statements
- Preparing and defending contract claims
- Rate computations
- Cash flow projection models
- Joint venture consulting and accounting
- Benchmarking and analytic review
- Job cost efficiency and profitability analysis
- Budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Performance-driven compensation plan development
- Business valuation services
- Management advisory services
- Project manager impact on profitability training
- 3M assessment: measure, manage and monitor your firm
- Ratio, trend and value benchmarking
- Management information systems consulting
- A/E specific software sales & consulting (Axium ajeraCore and ajeraComplete)
- Management reports
- ROI, ratios, cash flow, overhead, etc.