Construction TeamThe foundation of our Construction Team is our strong expertise and experience in the construction, architectural and engineering industries.
Our extensive knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience with all aspects of the construction industry, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses.
We have a solid commitment to the construction industry and know it's about a lot more than just the debits and credits. Through our team members’ active involvement in industry organizations, we obtain a real understanding of the key issues that affect your business. In addition to traditional services, we focus on providing value-added services to improve systems and controls, identify key performance indicators, set benchmarks and develop performance-based incentive compensation plans and business succession plans. In addition, we regularly provide educational opportunities through seminars/webinars, newsletters and surveys on industry-related topics.
Somerset’s Construction Team provides comprehensive financial solutions by utilizing our industry expertise to develop unique strategies and solutions for you. We are passionate about helping you succeed.
Somerset’s Construction Team is a member of the Construction Accounting Network (CAN). CAN is a nationwide association of independent certified public accounting and advisory firms, comprised of BDO USA, LLP, the world's seventh largest international public accounting and advisory firm and approximately twenty other regional firms focused on serving the construction industry in a collaborative manner. Learn more about Construction Accounting Network (CAN).
- Financial statements: audits, reviews and compilations
- Performance of agreed-upon audit procedures
- Forensic accounting
- Corporate tax returns
- Shareholder tax returns
- Individual and corporate tax planning
- Proactive and creative tax strategies
- Cost recovery studies to optimize depreciation deduction
- Multi-state tax planning and strategy development
- Sales, use, property and excise tax analysis
- Production deduction analysis
- Cost segregation studies
- Business transition and succession planning
- Estate planning
- Strategic planning
- Management information systems consulting
- MasterBuilder software sales and consulting
- Timberline software consulting, custom reports, training, implementation, etc.
- Unique management reports: ROI, ratios, project cash flow, overhead
Construction Industry Consulting
- Cash flow projection models (balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows, backlog, pipeline, integrated)
- Joint venture consulting and accounting
- Maximizing bonding and credit capabilities
- Benchmarking and analytic review
- Job cost efficiency and profitability analysis
- Job cost overhead and burden analysis
- Budgeting and cash flow analysis
- Performance-based incentive program development
- Claims analysis and consulting
- Business valuation services
- Management advisory services
- Overhead rate audits and consulting services (state DOT, FAR, etc.)
- Overhead rate analysis (corporate overhead rate allocation models—dual vs. single rate—and project overhead allocation)
- Employee benefit trusts
- Project manager impact on profitability training
- 3M assessment: measure, manage and monitor your business
- Ratio, trend and value benchmarking
- Customer product profitability analysis
- General contractors
- Trade contractors
- Construction managers
- Home builders
Tom Herman, President, Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc.
“Our business has grown, and we needed our accounting firm to be more involved in our business. We went with Somerset five years ago and after the first year, I said choosing Somerset was one of the best business decisions I’ve made. Our business is complicated, but they got up to speed very quickly.”
Work-In-Process Newsletter - Perspectives on the Construction & A/E Industries
Click here to view a list of
our current newsletters.
For a video message about the Somerset Construction Team, please view the video below. (You may need to upgrade or install Adobe Flash Player--it is a free software.)